Slap Stepover (Okocha) - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
A defender coming in from the side can be surprised by turning in the direction the defender is coming from. This Slap Stepover which is also known as the Okocha, is a highly effective 1v1 soccer move suitable for the age group U10-U11.
- Slap Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop variant) (Feints and Fakes for U12-U13)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (left).
- Close in on the ball.
- Roll the ball with the right foot to the left passing in front of the left foot (support foot).
- Step over the ball with the left foot as soon as the right foot touches the ground and the ball passed in front of the left foot.
- Take the ball with the inside of the right foot and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Roll the ball at the same angle of the path the defender is coming from.