Heel Touch Behind (Heel Chop) - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
A defender coming in from the side can be surprised by turning in the direction the defender is coming from. This Heel Touch Behind (Heel Chop) is a highly effective move suitable for the age group U10-U11.
- Inside Touch Inside Touch Behind (Feints and Fakes for U10-U11)
- Tip Touch Behind (Tip Chop) (Crossing Skills for U10-U11)
- Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop) (Crossing Skills for U10-U11)
- Slap Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop variant) (Feints and Fakes for U12-U13)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (left).
- Jump on the support foot (left).
- At the same time:
- Move the right foot forward to let the ball pass behind it.
- Kick the ball with the heel of the left foot to the right.
- Turn swiftly to the right.
- Take the ball and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Timing is important.
- 'Hang in the air' as short as possible to make the move even more fast.
- The kick requires some feeling. Too hard and the ball can be lost to another opponent. Too soft and the ball will be in an awkwardly position to accelerate away from the defender.