Spin Pull Turn (Zidane) - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
A defender coming in from the side can be surprised by turning in the direction the defender is coming from. This Pull Spin Turn (aka Zidane Roulette) is a highly effective move suitable for the age group U10-U11.
The change of direction of the ball is obtained by turning away from the defender while shielding the ball.
This move builds on:
- Take Spin Pull Turn 180° (Half Zidane Turn) (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11).
- Pull Spin Turn (Zidane) (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the left foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (right).
- Close in on the ball.
- Step on the ball with the sole of the right foot to stop it.
- At the same time:
- Rotate the body 135° to the left.
- Reposition the right foot behind the ball (right of the ball after the turn).
- Put the left foot on top of the ball.
- Pull the ball with the left foot backwards.
- Turn another 180° to the left to complete the 315° turn.
- Take the ball and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Know how much to turn in order to be able to use a straight pull to go in the right direction.
- Know where to place the support foot after the turns to have the ball right in front of the foot to pull or take the ball.
- There is no time to think about using the right or left move. It should be an automatism.