Inside Cut - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U8-U9
A defender coming in from the side can be surprised by turning in the direction the defender is coming from. The Inside Cut is a highly effective move suitable for the age group U8-U9 and up.
A gentle cut with the inside of the foot is all it takes to change the direction of the ball.
This move builds on:
- Take Inside Cut (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
- Take Inside Cut (Cones Dribbling Drills for U8-U9)
- Inside Cut Turn (Crossing Skills for U8-U9)
- Take Outside Cut (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
- Take Slap Cut (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (left).
- Close in on the ball.
- Cut the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Take the ball and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- The cut needs some feeling. Too much cutting and the ball drops dead and/or moves in the wrong direction.