Pull Spin Turn - 1v1 Moves - Change of Direction - Quick Turns for U12-U13
This Quick Turn is very effective when the player has a defender close at his back. There are few other Change of Direction moves where a player turns that fast while passing the defender at the same time and keeping the ball close to the feet. It is like receiving the ball while turning and doing an Iniësta / La Croqueta / Laudrup move in rapid succession.
This 1v1 soccer move can be practised with the Pull Spin Turn (Wall Work Drills for U12-U13).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stay before the defender (defender in your back).
- Check your shoulder to be aware of the defender.
- Come into the ball.
- Step with the left foot forward and turn the body and right foot 45° to the right.
- At the same time:
- Receive the ball with the inside of the right foot (45° angle).
- Pull the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Turn further to the right (180° from the starting position).
- Guide the ball with the inside of the right foot to bring it in front of the right foot.
- Pass or accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Receive the ball by placing the inside of the foot on the side or slightly more to the top of the ball, but not completely on top.
- Describe a 'S'-figure upon receiving, turning and guiding the ball.
- Make sure the ball doesn't end up too close which makes passing harder and awkward.
- The direction the player has to turn depends on the direction of the receiving pass and on the position of the defender (best to turn away from the defender).