Inside Chop Turn - 1v1 Moves - Change of Direction - Quick Turns for U10-U11
Quick Turns are an excellent way to turn quickly towards the goal after receiving the ball while having a defender at your back.
This Quick Turn is build on or can be practised along with:
- Inside Chop Turn (Wall Work Drills for U10-U11)
- Pull Behind (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
Pull Push Pull Behind (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
Pull Push Pull Behind Both Feet (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Pull Behind (Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11)
- Pull Behind (Cones Dribbling Drills for U12-U13)
- Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop) (Feints and Fakes for U10-U11)
- Slap Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop var.) (Feints and Fakes for U12-U13)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stay before the defender (defender in your back).
- Check your shoulder to be aware of the defender.
- Come into the ball.
- At the same time:
- Put the left foot forward as to make enough space for the ball to pass behind.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the right foot to make it pass behind the support foot.
- Immediately after the right foot touches the ground, turn to the left.
- Pass or accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Avoid to let the ball drop dead or to let it jump away with too much momentum.
- Get the ball in the right position for the next pass. Avoid to get the ball under the body. This will make the next pass impossible or at least very awkward and/or will hinder your acceleration.
- Turn swiftly on the support foot.