Shuffle Turn - 1v1 Moves - Change of Direction - Quick Turns for U12-U13
Quick Turns are an excellent way to turn fast towards the goal after receiving the ball while having a defender at your back. This 1v1 soccer move is suitable for the age group U12-U13 and above.
This move builds on:
- Shuffle Turn (Wall Work Drills for U12-U13)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stay before the defender (defender in your back).
- Check your shoulder to be aware of the defender.
- Come into the ball.
- Reposition fast to be lined up correctly to receive the ball with the right foot.
- Deflect the ball with the right foot to transfer it to the left foot.
- At the same time:
- Put the right foot forward as to make enough space for the ball to pass behind.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the left foot to make it pass behind the support foot.
- Turn to the right.
- Accelerate away, pass, shoot or perform a 1v1 move to pass the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Adapt quickly to the path of the ball since the ideal path has very narrow boundaries.
- Timing is important! Start lifting the support foot just before the first touch to be in the air just after.
- The first touch is just a gentle deflection to transfer the ball to the other foot.
- Start turning as soon as the ball passes behind the support foot.
- Close in on the ball as soon as possible.