Tip Touch Take (Laudrup / La Croqueta variation) - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U8-U9
This move is a variation of the Inside Touch Take / Laudrup or La Croqueta (Feints and Fakes for U8-U9).
Learn this move very well since it is usable in several situations. It is very effective when the defender is too eager to step in to take the ball. By extending his leg, the defender can be circumvented easily. It can be used in any situation where the ball has to be switched between feet very quickly and because of this also as part of a more complex move.
Practise this 1v1 move along with this drill: Tip Touch Take Stop / Laudrup Stop var. (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Lean a bit to the left.
- Push the ball to the left foot by means of a twisting move of the tip of the right foot.
- Take the ball with the inside of the left foot to pass the extended leg of the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Timing is important. This move is more effective when the defender extends his leg.
- Push/slide/drag the ball wide enough to be able to get around the extended leg of the defender.
- This move can be part of a more complex and chained move.
- This move can be used from a standstill.