Fake Stepover - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U8-U9
This simple move is very effective when done properly.
Practise this 1v1 move along with this drill: Fake Stepover Double Step-On (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Perform a stepover with the right foot behind the ball.
- Take the ball with the right foot and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Feinting is important here.
- Stand on the toes of the support foot while executing the stepover. This allows to turn on the support foot while turning the hips which adds to the feinting.
- The little step to change the support foot between the stepover and taking the ball in the other direction should be executed very fast.