Double Scissors - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
This 1v1 soccer move could also be called 'Multiple Scissors' since the player can do more than two moves in rapid succession. This makes the attacker highly unpredictable for the defender while keeping his options open to pass the defender either to the left or right.
This 1v1 soccer move should be part of the acquired skills of any soccer player.
This 'Feint and Fake' builds on the Scissor (Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Soccer Moves for U8-U9).
Practise this 1v1 move along with these drills:
- Fast Scissors (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11).
- Take Stop Scissor (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
- Take Scissor (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
- Single Tick Scissor (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
- Triple Scissor (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U10-U11).
- Take Stop Scissor (Cones Dribbling Drills for U8-U9).
- Take Scissor (Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11).
- Double Outside Cuts Scissor (Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Perform scissor move with the right foot.
- Perform a scissor move with the left foot in succession.
- Take the ball to the right with the right foot and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- It is a double move and should therefore be started in time.
- This move should be executed very quickly. The closer the feet turn around the ball, the faster it will be.
- Point the toes down a bit. This helps to stay clear of the ball and to land on the forefoot which contributes to the agility.