Slap Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop var.) - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U12-U13
This 1v1 move builds on the Sidekick Behind (Ronaldo Chop).
The advantage of this move is that the defender anticipates in the direction of the slap which puts him on the wrong foot while the Sidekick Behind (chop) changes the direction very quickly to the other side.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Get the defender on the wrong foot by slapping the ball with the right foot letting the defender believe you go to the left.
- Immediately after the right foot touches the ground, jump with both feet by recoiling on the right foot.
- Move the right foot forwards to make the necessary space for the ball which at the same time is kicked with the inside of the left foot behind the right foot.
- As soon as your feet touch the ground, turn in the direction of the ball.
- Accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Slap the ball in front of the other foot with the right speed in order to be able to perform the sidekick behind (chop).
- If the speed was too high, anticipate with an extra step.