Take Slap Cut - Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11
This drills builds on the Take Slap Cut (Static Ball Controls Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the left side of the first cone.
- Take the ball with the outside part of the laces of the right foot through the cones.
- Close in on the ball.
- As soon as the ball passes through the cones, perform a slap cut with the left foot.
- Step beyond the ball with the right foot.
- Take the ball through the cones with the left foot.
- Repeat the steps from 1-6 from here on for each foot.
Things to watch out for:
- The takes should be very accurate in direction and applied force. Too hard and it is impossible to make the next cone.
- Accuracy is more important than speed, so work on accuracy first.
- Make sure the ball doesn't roll over the foot when performing the slap cut.