Pull Behind - Cones Dribbling Drills for U12-U13
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Lay down the ball on the left side of the second cone and stand behind the ball.
- At the same time:
- Pull the ball back with the left foot.
- Jump forward on the right foot to make room for the ball.
- Push the ball with the inside of the left foot behind the support foot (right).
- Turn to the right.
- At the same time and as soon as the ball passes between the cones:
- Pull the ball back with the right foot.
- Jump forward on the left foot to make room for the ball.
- Push the ball with the inside of the right foot behind the support foot (left this time).
- Turn to the left.
- Continue step 2-7.
Things to watch out for:
- This drill requires precision. Make sure to aim for 90° angles in order to avoid the cones.
- Try to aim for the middle between the cones.
- Stay in the rhythm by repositioning the feet constantly.