Take Sidestep - Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the left side of the first cone.
- Take the ball through the middle of the first cones with the right foot.
- Close in on the ball.
- Once through the cones, take a wide step to the right and beyond the ball.
- Take the ball with the left foot through the cones.
- Step 1-5 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- The take move through the cones is crucial. Guide the ball a bit, don't kick it.
- Keep the force and angle of the takes consistent.
- Try to aim for the middle between cones and keep a 45° angle.