Take Stop Scissor - Cones Dribbling Drills for U8-U9
This drills builds on the Take Stop (Cones Dribbling Drill for U8-U9) and the Take Stop Scissor (Static Ball Control Drill for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the left side of the first cone.
- Take the ball through the middle of the first cones with the right foot.
- Once through the cones, step on the ball with the right foot.
- Move the right foot around the ball from left to right (clockwise).
- The right foot becomes the support foot.
- Take the ball with the left foot through the cones.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- The take move through the cones is crucial. Guide the ball a bit, don't kick it.
- Keep the force and angle of the takes consistent.
- Try to aim for the middle between cones and keep a 45° angle. It is more of a zig-zag through the cones than going around the cones.
- Stay in the rhythm by repositioning the support foot or by jumping on it.