Shuffle Behind Turn 180° - Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Shuffle 2 times. (starting with the right foot)
- On the third count, kick the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- At the same time, bring the left foot forward to allow the ball to pass behind the left foot.
- Turn to the left.
- Cut the ball with the right foot which counts as the first count of the next shuffle.
- Step 1-5 is the same for the other direction.
Things to watch out for:
- Try to stay on an imaginary line without moving forward or backward too much.
- The third shuffle (the kick) should be a little harder as it should pass the foot to turn on.
- The kick should have the right speed in order to not have to wait for the ball after the turn, or to have to overreach for the ball.
- Keep the same rhythm at all times.
- Focus on technique first, then crank the speed up.