Shuffle Scissor Skip Behind - Static Ball Control Drills for U12-U13
This drill builds on:
- Shuffle (Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7)
- Take Scissor (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
- Shuffle Stop Skip (Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9)
- Shuffle Stop Take Stop Skip (Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (the ball close and between both feet).
- Shuffle 5 or 7 times (uneven and starting with the left).
- After the last shuffle (left) and at the same time:
- Move the right foot around the ball from the inside to the outside (Scissor).
- Jump on left foot to close in to the ball (to the right).
- Touch the ball with the inside of the left foot (Skip).
- Touch the ball with the inside of the right foot to let it pass the support foot (left)
- Turn 90° to the left.
- Continue steps 2-6.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Try to follow a square path.
- Start slow and increase the speed of execution step by step.
- Go around the ball with the feet and not over the ball (scissor and recovering after the 90°-turn for the next shuffle).
- The ball should always be on the move.