Shuffle Stop Skip - Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9
This drill builds on the Shuffle Stop Take Stop Skip (Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Shuffle 3 times. (starting with the right foot)
- On the fourth count, stop the ball with the left foot with a step on.
- Jump on the support foot (right foot).
- Move the left foot to the left of the ball.
- While the left foot is still in the air, kick the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Stop the ball with the left foot which counts as the first count of the next shuffle.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the other direction.
Things to watch out for:
- Try to stay on an imaginary line without moving forward or backward.
- Focus on technique first, then crank the speed up.