Tip Touch Behind (Tip Chop) Tip Touch Take (Laudrup / La Croqueta var.) - Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U12-U13
This drill is a combination of the Tip Touch Behind / Tip Chop (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U10-U11) and the Tip Touch Take Stop (Laudrup / La Croquetta var.) (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball.
- Take the ball with the right foot.
- At the same time:
- Jump on the support foot (left) to move it in front of the ball and to let the ball pass behind the left foot.
- Pull the ball behind the left foot by means of a turning motion of the tip of the right foot.
- Pass on the ball to the right foot by putting the tip of the left foot on the top of the ball and making some kind of a twist movement of the foot.
- Take the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't pull the ball too wide behind the support foot. The ball should end up close to the support foot.
- Pull hard enough to bring the ball in front.
- Pull the ball wide from one foot to the other.