Pull Spin Turn (Zidane) - Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U10-U11
This drill builds on the Take Spin Pull Turn 180° (Half Zidane Turn) (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (the ball in front of the right foot).
- Take the ball with the laces of the right foot.
- Close in on the ball.
- Step on the ball with the sole of the right foot to stop it.
- At the same time:
- Rotate the body 180° to the left.
- Reposition the right foot behind the ball (right of the ball after the turn).
- Put the left foot on top of the ball.
- Pull the ball with the left foot backwards.
- Turn another 180° to the left to complete the 360° turn.
- Continue steps 2-7.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Start slow and increase the speed gradually.
- Stay on the same straight line as best as possible.
- Break up the drill if necessary.
- Know where to place the support foot after the turns to have the ball right in front of the foot to pull or take the ball.