Take Double Sidestep Stop - Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U8-U9
This drill builds on the Take Sidestep (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9) and the Take Sidestep (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball with the outside of the laces of the right foot.
- Jump behind the ball with the left foot.
- Recoil on the left foot to jump behind the ball with the right foot.
- Put your weight on the right foot which is now the support foot in order to change direction.
- Take the ball on a 45° angle with the left foot.
- Stop the ball with a step on.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the other direction.
Things to watch out for:
- Take the ball, don't kick it.
- Perform the sidesteps as some kind of skating motion.
- This drill/move requires flexibility in the joints to absorb and release the energy to change direction.
- The body should be used as well.