Roll Toe - Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7
This drill is the foundation of the Roll Toe (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball with the ball before the right foot.
- Step on the ball with the right foot.
- Pull the ball backwards while keeping contact with the ball until the ball touches the laces.
- Roll the ball back up until the sole is on the top of the ball again.
- Repeat continuously from step 2-4.
Things to watch out for:
- Keep your foot pointing forward.
- Don't wobble your feet horizontally, but try to keep the tip of the foot pointing straight ahead.
- Try to keep the leg which performs the roll in the same vertical line during the entire drill.
- The foot shouldn't come from the ball at all times.
- The knee of the support leg may be bent in the same rhythm of the rolls. This is a nice bridge to the same exercise (Roll Toe for U8-U9) where the player jumps on the support foot.