Pull Push Inside - Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball before right foot).
- Reach for the ball with the ball of the right foot.
- Pull the ball back.
- Lift the foot of the ball to bring it in position to push the ball forward.
- Push the ball forward with the inside of the right foot.
- Continue steps 1-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Bend the knee a bit more on kicking the ball forward. This will help to keep the balance.
- Keep a straight line at all times.
- Turn the hips to get a 90° angle of the kicking foot.