Pull Behind Tip Touch - Static Ball Control Drills for U12-U13
This drill builds on:
Pull Behind (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
Tip Touch (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
- Pull Push Pull Behind (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Pull Push Pull Behind Both Feet (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
Pull Behind (Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11)
Pull Behind (Cones Dribbling Drills for U12-U13)
Pull Back Pull Behind (Cones Dribbling Drills for U12-U13)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball with the ball in front of the right foot.
- At the same time:
- Pull the ball with the mid-sole of the right foot.
- Reposition the supporting foot (left) to make space for the ball to pass behind.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the right foot behind the left supporting foot.
- Perform a Tip Touch with the left foot to the right.
- Continue steps 2-4.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Stay at the same position during the exercise.
- The path of the ball should follow a triangular path.
- Create enough space for the ball by repositioning the supporting foot.
- The Tip Touch is a move initiated by the lower limb and ankle.
- Roll the ball sideways with the Tip Touch. This forms the base of the triangle.
- When the parts of the drill flow nicely into each other, the speed of execution can be increased.