Take Inside Cut - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Move both feet to close in on the ball.
- Cut the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- As soon as the ball is stopped and without touching the ground, jump on the supporting foot to bring the right foot beyond the ball.
- Turn the body in the right direction (to the left).
- Take the ball with the left foot.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- Try to stay on an imaginary line without moving forward or backward.
- Cut the ball to make it stop. Do not make an explicit move to let it roll in the opposite direction.
- Make sure there is plenty of room to take the ball after the inside cut.