Single Inside Outside Cuts - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Cut the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Replace the support foot (left foot) to make enough space to perform an outside cut.
- Cut the ball with the outside of the right foot.
- Replace the support foot (left foot) in the direction of the ball.
- Repeat continuously from step 2.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Cut the ball. Don't shuffle.
- Make sure there is plenty of room between the legs to perform a cut.
- Don't move forward or backward while doing the drill. Try to stay on the same imaginary line.