Roll Out - Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7
This drill is the foundation of the Roll Out (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball with the ball before the right foot.
- Step on the ball with the right foot.
- Move the right foot to the inside (ball moves to the outside of the foot) till at or just below the lower half of the ball.
- Roll back to the top.
- Repeat continuously from step 2-4.
Things to watch out for:
- Keep your foot pointing forward.
- Don't wobble your feet horizontally, but try to keep them straight.
- Tilt the ankle a bit during rolling to enlarge the contact surface between the foot and ball.
- The knee of the support leg may be bent in the same rhythm of the rolls. This is a nice bridge to the same exercise (Roll Out for U8-U9) where the player jumps on the support foot.