Take Skip Behind Turn 180° - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball sideways with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Step into the direction of the ball.
- Step on the ball with the right foot to stop it.
- Skip the ball with the inside of the left foot.
- At the same time make enough space to let the ball pass behind the right foot by moving the right foot out of the way to the left (crossing the left foot).
- Turn 180° to the right by doing an inside cut with the left foot.
- Take the ball sideways for another iteration.
- Repeat continuously from step 1-7.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Make sure there is plenty of room for the ball to pass behind the support foot and when taking the ball after the turn.
- Don't move forward or backward while doing the drill. Try to stay on the same imaginary line.