Take Slap Cut - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball sideways with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Step into the direction of the ball.
- Roll over the ball with the inside of the left foot.
- Reposition the right foot beyond the ball.
- Turn the body to the other side.
- Take the ball with the left foot.
- Repeat continuously from step 1-6.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Make sure the ball is stopped after the slap cut. Don't let it roll over the foot or let it move away.
- Don't move forward or backward while doing the drill. Try to stay on the same imaginary line.