Pull Spin Turn - Wall Work Drills for U12-U13
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of right foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- Step with the left foot forward and turn the body and right foot 45° to the right.
- At the same time:
- Receive the ball with the inside of the right foot (45° angle).
- Pull the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Turn further to the right (180° from the starting position).
- Guide the ball with the inside of the right foot to bring it in front of the right foot.
- Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Pass straight to the wall to receive the ball back at the correct angle.
- Receive the ball by placing the inside of the foot on the side or slightly more to the top of the ball, but not completely on top.
- Describe a 'S'-figure upon receiving, turning and guiding the ball.