Inside Stop - Wall Work Drills for U8-U9
- Sole Stop (Wall Work Drills for U6-U7)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of right foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- Reposition (jumping not required) to be able to receive the ball with the right foot.
- Stop de ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Reposition for the next pass.
- Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Pass straight to the wall to receive the ball back at the correct angle.
- Jumping on receiving is not required but makes it easier to reposition fast.
- When the ball ends up too close to the body, reposition the support foot fast by means of a small jump.
- Don't just deflect the ball. The energy of the ball should be absorbed by the foot. So no rigid leg, but relaxed on receiving.