Shuffle Turn - Wall Work Drills for U12-U13
This drill builds on:
- Inside Chop Turn (Wall Work Drills for U10-U11)
- Inside Chop Turn (Crossing Skills for U10-U11)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of the left foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the left foot.
- Reposition fast to be lined up correctly to receive the ball with the right foot.
- Deflect the ball with the right foot to transfer it to the left foot.
- At the same time:
- Put the right foot forward as to make enough space for the ball to pass behind.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the left foot to make it pass behind the support foot.
- Turn to the right.
- Continue steps 2-6.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Stay within the predetermined boundaries.
- Adapt quickly to the path of the ball since the ideal path has very narrow boundaries.
- The first touch is just a gentle deflection to transfer the ball to the other foot.
- Hit the ball full and in the centre on the second touch with the support foot ready to go forward.
- Turn while the ball travels behind the support foot.