Tip Touch Behind (Tip Chop) - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
This move is a variation of the Sidekick Behind / Ronaldo Chop (Crossing / Change of Direction Skills for U10-U11).
A defender coming in fast from the side (for example from a 30° to 60° angle) is easy to handle by moving the ball behind the support foot in the direction the defender is coming from. The defender will overshoot for sure while the ball is shielded at all times.
Practise this 1v1 move along with this drill: Tip Touch Behind / Tip Chop (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (left).
- At the same time:
- Jump on the support foot (left) to move it in front of the ball and to let the ball pass behind the left foot.
- Pull the ball behind the left foot with by means of a turning motion of the tip of the right foot.
- Accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Timing is important. The defender should overshoot after performing the move.
- The angle is also important. Move the ball behind the support foot at the same angle the defender is coming from.
- This move is only effective when the defender closes in fast.