Step-on Pull Turn - 1v1 Moves - Change of Direction - Quick Turns for U10-U11
Quick Turns are an excellent way to turn fast towards the goal after receiving the ball while having a defender at your back. This 1v1 soccer move is suitable for the age group U10-U11 and above.
This move builds on:
- Step-on Pull Turn (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Step-on Pull Turn (Wall Work Drills for U10-U11)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stay before the defender (defender in your back).
- Check your shoulder to be aware of the defender.
- Come into the ball.
- Control the ball with a gentle touch with the inside of the right foot.
- Close in on the ball and place the support foot (left) next to the ball.
- Step on the ball with the forefoot (right).
- Pull the ball backwards (straight) with the right foot.
- Turn the body 180°.
- Accelerate away, pass, shoot or perform a 1v1 move to pass the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Reposition fast if needed to receive the ball straight.
- Step forward upon receiving. Timing is important.
- Touch the ball in the middle (do not let it drop dead or jump away).
- Pull the ball straight backwards or slightly to the passing foot (same side).
- Rotate the body in place where the pulling foot becomes the support foot. No extra step in between is required this way.
- Pull with one foot and pass with the other after the turn.