Step-on Pull Turn - U-Turns - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
U-Turns are an excellent way to turn away from the danger and/or to turn towards open space. This 1v1 soccer move is suitable for the age group U10-U11 and above.
This move builds on:
- Step-on Pull Turn (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Step-on Pull Turn (Wall Work Drills for U10-U11)
- Step-on Pull Turn (Quick Turns for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble forward until an opponent steps out to put pressure.
- Place the support foot (left) next to the ball.
- Step on the ball with the forefoot (right).
- Pull the ball backwards (straight) with the right foot.
- Turn the body 180° to the left.
- Accelerate away towards open space and/or pass.
Things to watch out for:
- Position the support foot next to the ball to break before the step-on. Make sure the hamstrings are properly warmed up!
- Lean backwards while breaking in order to avoid overshooting.
- Turn in place while the ball passes underneath. Pull right -> turn left (and vice versa).
- Turning this way doesn't require an extra step in between with a faster execution as a result.
- Accelerate away with the left foot after performing this move with the right foot.