Take Stepover - Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the left side of the first cone.
- Take the ball through the middle of the first cones with the right foot.
- Take a small step to reposition the feet.
- Once through the cones, move the left foot around the ball from left to right (clockwise).
- Reposition the right foot (support foot) in order to turn to the left.
- Take the ball with the left foot through the cones.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- The take move through the cones is crucial. Guide the ball a bit, don't kick it.
- Keep the force and angle of the takes consistent.
- Try to aim for the middle between cones and keep a 45° angle. It is more of a zig-zag through the cones than going around the cones.
- Stay in the rhythm by repositioning the support foot or by jumping on it.