Tip Touch Take - Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11
This drill builds on:
- Tip Touch (Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9)
- Tip Touch Take Stop (Laudrup Stop var.) (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U8-U9)
- Tip Touch Take (Laudrup / La Croqueta variation) (Feints and Fakes for U8-U9)
- Roll Forward Tip Touch (Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11)
- Tip Touch Stepover (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Tip Touch Behind (Tip Chop) (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U10-U11)
- Tip Touch Behind (Tip Chop) (Crossing Moves for U10-U11)
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Place the ball to the left of the first cone.
- Perform a Tip Touch with the left foot.
- Take the ball between the cones with the laces of the right foot.
- Perform a Tip Touch with the right foot.
- Take the ball between the cones with the laces of the left foot.
- Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Start slow and increase the speed gradually.
- Keep the ball between predetermined boundaries.
- The complete drill should follow a nice Zig-Zag pattern.
- The Tip Touch consists of a combined tilting movement of the ankle and lower limb.
- Aim to take the ball exactly between the cones.