Pull Push Laces - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
This drills builds on the Pull Push Laces (Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7). The player jumps on the support foot while executing the drill.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball before right foot).
- Reach for the ball with the ball of the right foot.
- Pull the ball back.
- At the same time:
- Lift the foot of the ball to bring it in position to kick the ball.
- Jump on the support foot.
- Push the ball forward.
- Jump on the support foot as soon as the ball is moving forward.
- Continue steps 1-6.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Stay in the rhythm. Jump after every action (pulling / pushing). In other terms, the player jumps two times on the support foot during one complete cycle.
- Keep a straight line at all times.
- Stay on the spot. Take advantage of the jumps to move the support foot to correct the position and/or to keep the balance.