Roll Up Outside Pull Over - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position in front of the ball with the feet below the hips.
- Bring the right foot on the left side of the ball and tilt it a bit to create a larger surface to touch the ball.
- Touch the ball at or below the lower half.
- Roll the ball to the outside (to the right) till the foot is on top of the ball.
- Pull the ball across to the left foot by either moving the knee to the left (blocking the lower limb) or by doing a fast sideways move with the toes.
- When the ball is between both feet, bring the left foot in position.
- Steps 1-6 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- Keep the ball on a straight line just in front of the feet.
- Get the feet in position quickly to avoid rolling the ball too much to the outside.
- Don't wiggle too much on the support foot. This correlates highly with point b.
- Mind the details.