Stepover Turn - Wall Work Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of right foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- Receive the ball with the inside of the right foot.
- Immediately after the right foot touches the ground, perform a stepover with the left foot.
- At the same time:
- Turn to the left.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the right foot to get it to the right spot for the next pass.
- Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Pass straight to the wall to receive the ball back at the correct angle.
- Come into the ball by stepping forward with the receiving foot. This will get the power out of the inbound ball while getting just enough momentum to push it forward with the right speed.
- Aim to touch the ball with the inside of the receiving foot about 50cm (1,5ft) in front of the support foot (by stepping into the ball).
- Avoid to let the ball drop dead or to let it jump away with too much momentum.
- Turn swiftly on the support foot.
- Get the ball in the right position for the next pass (by means of the touch after the turn). Avoid to get the ball under the body. This will make the next pass impossible or at least very awkward.