Sole Stop - Wall Work Drills for U6-U7
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of right foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- Reposition (jumping not required) to be able to receive the ball straight at the right foot.
- Stop the ball with the sole of the right foot.
- Continue steps 2-4.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Pass straight to the wall to receive the ball back at the correct angle.
- Stand exactly in the path of the ball upon receiving.
- Keep the receiving foot at an angle to avoid to let the ball pass under it.
- Don't 'step on' the ball. There is too much risk the ball passes under the receiving foot.
- Jumping on receiving is not required but makes it easier to reposition fast.
- Take a small step back or jump on the passing foot to reposition for the next pass.